Thursday, September 18, 2008

KitchenAid Mixers


Yesterday I was trying out the fourth version of Natasha's Aphrodisiac Cake (aka Catch Your Man Cake) and realized again that one of my very favorite things is my KitchenAid mixer. If you bake, you owe it to yourself to try one. I cut a stick of butter into sixteen pieces and the KitchenAid creamed it in no time. No thumping, no lumping, just plain, quick creaming. I have the special plastic rim that can be attached for adding ingredients, but I find that it's so powerful that even if I turn the speed down so that flour doesn't fly up at me, the mixer still does the job. Perfect for whipping potatoes, too.

They're not cheap. Depending on the model, you can expect to spend between $300 and $500. But the good news is that this is a mixer that won't burn out on you and you won't find yourself replacing it after a few years. I've heard of mixers that were handed down from mother to daughter, so these powerhouses keep going. They're readily available everywhere from Macy's macys.com/kitchenaid to QVC and come in a rainbow of colors. There's even a pink Cook for the Cure edition.



0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com