Monday, October 27, 2008

Kyocera Ceramic Knives


Very possibly the sharpest knives I have ever used. I adore these knives. A Kyocera knife really can slice a tomato without crushing it. This is what I use when I want very thin slices of meat. Nothing else glides through as easily.

However, you will notice that the knife with the pink handle looks -- odd. That's because I dropped it on a tile floor. Ceramic breaks when it encounters a hard surface. And you'll note that the little paring knife has lost its tip. Yup.

The fact that I still love them anyway should give you a clue about how great they work. I never use them on anything hard, like a carrot. And if I had little hands around the house, I would stash them where the kids couldn't find them because they're so sharp. But for most uses, even the expensive European knives don't beat them. The Kyocera knives aren't cheap, especially when one takes into consideration how easily they break. But they slice like a dream.

Four cupcakes. If only they didn't break so easily.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com