Thursday, October 23, 2008

Simplicity Laundry Softener


A couple of years ago, the company that made my favorite fabric softener had the nerve to change the scent. Eww. Since then, I've been on a quest to find a replacement. I've smelled some fairly unpleasant ones, including one that was so bad, I wanted to rewash everything to get rid of the smell. Price, of course, is always a factor.

So I was happily surprised to find Simplicity on the shelf at my local WalMart. The first thing that caught my eye was the phrase "non-toxic". A plus in anything that is used on clothes, sheets and blankets that touch our skin. It's also hypoallergenic. I'm not sure what that means, legally-speaking, but I have a friend who is allergic to scents, so I'm hoping this will be comfortable for her. It says it has a "simple scent". I find that scents are a very personal thing but this one is not offensive to me. I would describe it as lightly fruity. And it turns out it softens my laundry, too. It was a little thick toward the end, so I added water, shook and even stretched it a little. An attractive product all around. $4.42 at WalMart for a 60 ounce bottle (60 loads). I'll be looking for more products from this company. http://www.simplicityclean.com/

Five cupcakes. Softens laundry and is good for the earth.

3 comments:

Lorna Barrett said...

I use unscented dryer sheets for exactly the reason you stated: no scent. I'd like to try this, but I try not to patronize Wal-Mart for various reasons. I'd try this--and wonder if it will be available at my local grocery store.

Elizabeth said...

Interesting! I'm surprised that it is hypoallergenic if it is lightly scented. I'll have to see if this passes my sniff test! I'll let you know!

Krista said...

Lorna, if I see it for sale anywhere else, I'll let you know.

Elizabeth, I hope you'll report back on the hypoallergenic claim. Let us know if it passes your sniff test!

Krista

 
template by suckmylolly.com