Monday, December 15, 2008

Have Yourself a Chocolaty Christmas

Meredith Cole directed feature films and wrote screenplays before writing mysteries. She won the St. Martin’s/Malice Domestic Best First Traditional Mystery competition in 2007. Her book POSED FOR MURDER, will be published by St. Martin’s Minotaur in February 2009. She blogs at www.thedebutanteball.com

I love chocolate--any kind of chocolate. And since spend most of the winter shivering, I’m also a huge fan of hot chocolate.

Several years ago, my husband had a studio in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn. The neighborhood is actually not named after the oh-so-famous elephant, but it’s called DUMBO because it’s “Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass.” It is an old industrial neighborhood sandwiched between the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridge, with amazing views of lower Manhattan.

In the last couple of years, the neighborhood has become inundated with luxury condos and has also become home to some very upscale retailers, including Jacques Torres. My husband strolled over one day and sampled his hot chocolate. Completely floored by the flavor, he promptly bought the mix for me for Christmas.

All right, so maybe you don’t live in Brooklyn and can’t stroll right over. But you don’t have to these days in order to get the same stuff as the locals. It’s all available on his website, with all sorts of other heavenly chocolate treats.

Jacques Torres’ hot chocolate mix is a great present for a chocolate lover. It’s incredibly rich and delicious, and you’ll never be able to go back to Swiss Miss after you taste it. He’s even got two kinds: classic and wicked. How’s that for a stocking stuffer? The wicked is spicier, and it’s definitely going on my Christmas list this year. And maybe I’ll be able to give some away, too.

1 comments:

bloggingexperiments said...

Krista -

I just picked up your book today at Barnes and Noble. So far, I'm loving it! I wasn't able to get as far into it as I wished due to some family Christmas tradition that I had to be involved with. *sigh*

My daughter and I love to watch Jacques Torres on the Food Network. Mmmm...chocolate!

I'm glad I found your website and blog, and I can't wait to dig further into your book. :)

Sherry

 
template by suckmylolly.com