Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All Laundry Detergent

I once had a professor who insisted that we were all being duped by commercials for laundry detergents because they were all the same. I've never quite bought his claim, since I tried to save money with a cheap brand and watched my whites go yellowish, but I never could convince him.

Like everyone else, I'm trying to save some money wherever I can these days. I have to say that it was with some trepidation that I tried this gigantic 4.43 liter bottle of All Laundry Detergent. For just under $13.00, it's supposed to handle 96 loads of laundry. I can't say that I counted the number of loads it cleaned, but it lasted for months.

It says it's recommended by dermatologists for sensitive skin, and it claims to be free of perfumes and clear of dyes. It's essentially colorless, and has a very, very faint scent that reminds me a little bit of Play-Doh.

It comes in a clever bottle with a spout. You loosen the cap on the top so air can get in, and you push the little blue button to dispense the detergent. Very practical. It works in both standard and HE machines.

Five cupcakes.

2 comments:

j2koch said...

This works with HE machines? Hmm. We're running low on detergent...

Patg said...

Frankly, I think all those weird shaped bottles only add to the price. The cost of detergents is ridiculous these days. Who buys it without coupons and when it is on sale anymore?????
I also can't imagine anyone buy detergents that have scents. Stopped that years ago.
Oh and I dislike liquids.
Gosh, is this a subject I can rant on!!!
Patg

 
template by suckmylolly.com