Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bleeding Hearts

I wasn't going to blog about this, but I just saw these again in a magazine, and they were adorable. That little handle lifts up, and the idea is that you place the heart flat on a pan, and pour in pancake batter or a raw egg. Voila! You serve a cute heart. They come in all sorts of shapes, and like many things, I'm sure the quality varies. Mine weren't terribly expensive and came in a set of two. Two that were a total waste of money.

As you can see in the photo to the right, it doesn't lay flat -- there's a nice gap in the back of the heart. A gap that eggs and batter run right through. Which means the food doesn't look like hearts, it looks like bleeding hearts. Could I cut off the part that leaks out? Sure, but the pancakes and eggs don't look cute like they do in the advertisements, they look like someone cut them, which I could do without the little forms. Mine are only four or five inches in diameter, but the shape prevents me from making more than two at a time, so be prepared to spend some time cooking breakfast if you're cooking for three or more. To be honest, they're just a nuisance, cluttering up my kitchen drawer, because I never use them.

If you have some of these and you love them, I hope you'll comment. Maybe I got the only lemons.

No cupcakes.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com