Friday, February 6, 2009

Have Your Steak and Eat It Too


Every day seems to bring new revelations about what's bad for us. For a very long time, we've been hearing that beef is bad news. Cholesterol, heart attacks, cardio-vascular disease -- they're all frightening. But beef is also a terrific source of B vitamins, protein, zinc, and iron. And let's face it, a lot of us love a juicy hamburger, or a medium rare steak.

To be honest, I never thought I would eat a particular brand of beef. But in my search for organic beef, I tried Laura's Lean Beef, which is not organic, but is from cattle raised without added hormones or antibiotics. Laura's has the distinction of being approved by The American Heart Association because the meat is lean. They use special types of leaner cattle and farming methods that result in lean beef. Now that I'm used to it, a regular organic steak I recently bought felt far too greasy and heavy. It's easy to be spoiled by Laura's Lean Beef. And now I believe I'll go eat a burger with all the flavor and none of the guilt.

Five cupcakes for heart healthy beef!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com