Thursday, March 5, 2009

Newman's Own Royal Tea

I am a tea drinker. Some people can't function without a cup of coffee in the morning. I need my tea. But I've become selective. Not just any tea will do. One of my friends must have her Lady Grey tea. Bergamot? Not for me. I'm a Breakfast tea drinker. English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast are my preferences.

So when I saw Newman's Own Organics, The Second Generation Royal Tea, I'll admit that I was skeptical. It says it's fit for a king. But 100 organic tea bags for under $5.00? Even worse, the description of the ingredients only says "organic black tea." But I was willing to give it a try since the Newman's Own products tend to be pretty good.

It tastes a lot like my favorite English Breakfast tea which is a blend of assam and darjeeling. Maybe a wee bit more darjeeling in the Newman's Own. Overall, it's excellent. Lovely taste, no bitterness, no weird flavorings, just the right strength without being overpowering. Hmm, maybe it is fit for king.

Five cupcakes!

1 comments:

Marlyn said...

I have trouble finding tea that's strong enough, but for that price, I can certainly give this a try.

Thanks!

 
template by suckmylolly.com