Friday, May 29, 2009

Cupcake Mania Sets In

Since my trip to Georgetown Cupcakes, I've had cupcakes on the mind. I've tried a few recipes and read a lot more, but so many of them seem to be overly complicated. While I was out shopping today, I found a nice Wilton cupcake pan on sale for half price.

I was actually quite happy to find it since I was overdue for a new cupcake pan. I hadn't planned on buying one, but it occurred to me while I was in the store that we often put off replacing kitchen equipment even though our lives would be so much simpler if we had the right equipment.

I included the top photo because I'm amazed by how much larger the new pan is. The cupcake wells are a hair larger, and when I baked cupcakes, I realized that the cupcake liners weren't folding in on themselves anymore. Cupcakes got larger when I wasn't looking. But I also wonder if they won't bake more evenly because there's more space between the cupcakes. My first batch was a delicious success, so it appears that a new pan was indeed a good idea.

What do you need to replace?

2 comments:

Lorna Barrett said...

Will you stop with the cupcakes already? Ever since I ate one of those fantastic cupcakes you had at Malice, I've been resisting the urge to bake them. Okay, I did get a new muffin/cupcake pan, and I've got the little paper liners, and I've read about ten recipes. But really, isn't my butt big enough already?

You're a bad influence! (hee hee hee)

Pattie T. said...

I think the purchase of a new cupcake pan like this would be an excellent use of that 40% off coupon I have for Michael's. I haven't made cupcakes in a long time, but I do love them and once the Martha Stewart CUPCAKES book comes out in June I guarantee I'll be testing those recipes! One thing I did buy (though it replaced nothing I currently have) is an offset spatula. I have no idea how I've lived so long without having one of these.

 
template by suckmylolly.com