Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Electric Kettle

This practical tea kettle is made of glass with a metallic heating unit in the bottom. It sits on a base that plugs into the wall, and is turned on easily by pushing a lever in the back. I bought it because I needed to be able to boil water for a function away from home. It isn't the best traveler because it's glass, but I plop it into a box and take it with me anyway. So far, so good.

Water boils in minutes and it holds a generous 1.8 quarts of water. It comes with a tea infuser that can hang from the top, infusing the tea while it cooks. I am a tea drinker, but I find the infuser part to be a bit clumsy to use. Otherwise, I love this kettle. It's easy to clean and turns itself off when the water is ready. About $40 at Target and other kitchen appliance stores.

Four cupcakes.

2 comments:

Pattie T. said...

Melitta has one that is all plastic and it does travel well. After spending a month in Oxford (where these are common place) I had to get one once I returned home. That was five years ago and I still love it!

Krista said...

Thanks, Pattie. Good to know. I've had three plastic ones and I'm hoping this one will hold up better. I have to say, though, none of the plastic kettles were Melitta and that's a good brand. Of course, if I keep taking the glass one on the road -- it won't last long, either!

 
template by suckmylolly.com