Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Horseradish Mustard Duel

The array of mustards in our grocery stores is nothing short of mind-boggling. We must eat a lot of the stuff to keep all those companies afloat.

Now I happen to like a little horseradish in my mustard. Yum, it adds a little extra zing to an ordinary ham sandwich. Horseradish mustard can be used anywhere you use ordinary mustard. It's not hot or unpleasant, it just adds a spark.

But which one to buy? Tough decision. As you can see, I've tried two and compared them. I have to admit that both are fine mustards. I have no quibble with either of them. However, for someone who likes just a bit of that horseradish bite -- Annie's Horseradish Mustard beats Jack Daniel's. The horseradish in Annie's is distinctive and comes through with a clear flavor. I don't get enough horseradish flavor from the Jack Daniel's version, but don't worry -- it's still good mustard.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com