Friday, June 5, 2009

Kick Back with a Cocktail

Summer is officially in full swing. It seems like I always fall back on the same old mixed drinks for company, so every Friday, I'm going to try out and blog about a new drink.

I'm beginning with a symbol of summer -- watermelon. Marie Brizard Liquors brought out this Watermelon Liquor in 2005. Made of watermelon and a variety of seasonal melons, the liquor is all natural and I had to try it.

The liquor does have a distinct watermelon flavor. For our first drink, I wanted to stick with something simple (though I will be trying out some blender drinks), so our cocktail of the day is a Tokyo Sunset. Not having been to Tokyo, I can't say why they would call it that -- the drink is mildly pink.




TOKYO SUNSET
1 part Marie Brizard Watermelon Liqueur
1 part Premium Vodka
Fill tumbler glass with ice.
Add Liqueur and Vodka.
Top with tonic and garnish with watermelon wedge.

I happen to like Vodka Tonics, and while this is pink, it's basically a Vodka Tonic with a slightly fruity flavor. A good choice for people who like fruit but don't care for sweet drinks. Also a good choice for a very hot day.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com