Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Little Less Guilt and All the Flavor

I love ice cream. In my humble opinion, Haagen Dazs has the best flavors going. Ben & Jerry's chocolate does give Haagen Dazs chocolate a run for the money, but no one does coffee ice cream as well as Haagen Dazs. It has the right taste and texture.

When I saw Haagen Dazs five ingredient ice cream, I was skeptical. How could they improve on their classic coffee ice cream? Well, the improvement isn't what's in it -- it's what's not in it. Fat. They've managed to reduce the fat from 17 grams to 11 grams. Still a hefty amount of fat, but hey - you were going to eat the 17 gram version anyway, weren't you?

The great news is that I can't tell the difference. The flavor is there, the creaminess is just right. I haven't done a blind taste test, but five is terrific ice cream.

Five cupcakes for five.

2 comments:

Pattie T. said...

Starbuck's Java Chip is what makes me swoon, but I will give this a try.

Kaye George said...

I ADORE the Bailey's by HD, but my stoopid grocery store doesn't carry it any more. I think I'm addicted to it - going into withdrawal now~~~~

 
template by suckmylolly.com