Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Little Things That Make Life Easier


Have you ever noticed that sometimes the little things make all the difference? I started getting cranky when I couldn't find this bottle brush. It had fallen over, no big deal, but I would have been upset if I had lost it. The bristles are about two inches wide, and they're flexible enough to bend easily.

I use this little guy to clean narrow glasses, water canteens, vases, and all sorts of cake decorating items. It's gentle enough for tall crystal champagne glasses.

To be honest, I don't even remember where I bought it, but I'm sure it didn't cost much. If you look for one, be sure it has a thin wire stem, not a bulky plastic one, and take care to find one that won't rust.

Five cupcakes for clever items that speed up chores!

2 comments:

Lorna Barrett said...

I've been trying to find a bottle brush like this for YEARS. (Mine wore out.) It's difficult to clean my hummingbird feeders, and now that so many kitcheny stores have gone out of business, it's about impossible to find something as simple as a bottle brush. : (

Krista said...

Have you tried Bed, Bath & Beyond?

 
template by suckmylolly.com