Monday, July 6, 2009

A Great Brat

Italians know their pasta, and the French know their cheese. When you have German ancestry, sausages like Bratwurst are important. Consequently, I'm always a little bit leery when I buy Bratwurst. I've sunk my teeth into some that were so bad, well, they wouldn't rate any cupcakes. I'm told that the various regions of Germany include different spices in their Bratwurst. So the Bratwurst in Hamburg won't taste like the Bratwurst in Munich.

I succumbed to temptation and recently bought Niman Ranch Bratwurst. If you've read my blog before, you know I'm into natural foods. This Bratwurst contains no added nitrates or nitrites, and is made from pork raised without antibiotics or added hormones. Of course, I love that. But the real test is the taste. The Bratwurst is already fully cooked, so all you have to do is heat it on the skillet. No brainer cooking. And it's delicious. The spices are mild and enhance the flavor just as they should. Niman's Ranch can be ordered from the company and bought in up-scale and natural food stores.

Five cupcakes from my German food expert!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com