Monday, July 25, 2011

Battery Operated Hedge Trimmer

Have you ever linked three long extension cords together to cut hedges?  Me, too.  The process of connecting everything was such a chore that I was always putting it off.  So, when the electric hedge trimmer died, I wasn't altogether too sad about it.

I'll admit that I had some reservations about buying a battery-powered hedge trimmer.  Would it have enough power to cut anything?  Would it weigh too much to lift? 

I took a chance on Black & Decker's 18 Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer, which I found for about $100 at my local big box store.  It has a 22-inch long blade, which is plenty long for my purposes.  The battery is rechargeable.

So far, I have used it on forsythia, small tree branches, brush, young cedar trees, and garden bushes.  It cuts through almost anything the size of a pinky finger.  I'm neither towering nor brawny, but I find that I can use it easily.  The battery only runs for half an hour, but by that time my arms get a little weary, anyway.  I have walked my yard with it, trimming as I strolled.  Fabulous!  http://www.blackanddecker.com/outdoor/NHT518B.aspx

A perfect hedge trimmer for Harriet Homeowner.  And no more messing with extension cords!

Five cupcakes to Black & Decker's 18 Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer!

2 comments:

Dru said...

That is such a great idea, this way you're not tiedd to an outlet.

Krista said...

I love it Dru. Instead of wasting time hooking together extension cords, I can get right to the job at hand.

 
template by suckmylolly.com