Friday, July 15, 2011

Cablanca


Teresa at my local health food store knows everything about cheese.  She's an expert on all kinds of other things, too, but I've never seen anyone who knows cheeses like she does.  (With the exception of Avery Aames, of course!)

One day when I was shopping, a woman was buying Cablanca.  She explained that her daughter had issues with dairy products, but not with items made from goat's milk.  I didn't go into details, but apparently goat's milk is much lower in lactose.  Teresa forced me (forced, I tell you!) to try the cheese.  It's now the favorite cheese around my house.

I confess that prior to trying Cablanca, I avoided goat cheeses because I associated them with feta.  Other people always get excited about feta, but while they exclaim over it, I quietly slink away thinking ewww.

So, if you're not a feta lover, do not be deterred!  Cablanca is a goat gouda.  Who knew such a thing even existed?  It's white, though.  The gouda taste is there, but it's mild and subtle.  So far all my tasters love this cheese.  I've used it on top of pizza and it melted beautifully.  Most of the time, we eat it on crackers and it's a wonderful treat.  It runs 110 calories for one ounce, which is great for cheese.

I haven't tried this cheese with children yet, but I suspect they'll like the gentle flavor.

Check out http://www.janafoods.com/products-windmill.shtml to learn more about Cablanca.

Five cupcakes to Cablanca Goat Gouda!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com